If you own a motorcycle, there’s no question whether or not you need insurance because it’s the law. Being able to ride safely without reservation of getting stopped or being in an accident is a possibility with the peace of mind that motorcycle insurance provides. While most people consider the standard insurance policies such as liability, comprehension, collision and medical payments as the norm, there are other coverage options available that help enhance your motorcycle insurance policy to one that meets or exceeds your needs.
Additional Coverage Options with Motorcycle Insurance
- Accessory coverage: Specialized helmets and protective gear purchased can be insured for replacement in the event of a theft, fire or loss.
- Upgraded equipment coverage: Adding upgraded equipment components protects you from any losses that may be incurred. Insurance companies recognize custom paintjobs and chrome accessories as an investment that upgrades the value of your motorcycle.
- Side cars and trailers: Additional attachments such as side cars and trailers can be covered with an endorsement. These items are considered specialty items that raise the value of the motorcycle.
- Customized work or paint jobs: Customized paint jobs or specialized work done on a motorcycle elevates its status to a custom motor vehicle. These enhancements can be insured and reimbursed in the event of damage or loss.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance and Expenses: Your motorcycle insurance may cover roadside assistance and any associated expenses that occur as a result of needing emergency towing, gas or help with repairs.
Adding these coverage options to your motorcycle insurance policy is an affordable way to ensure your investment is well protected, which can save you money over time. Working with an agent to find out more about these options and other coverage solutions provide an added benefit to your original policy.
Is your bike covered? Call Reliable Insurance Managers at (713) 227-7283 for more information on Katy motorcycle insurance.