Trucking Insurance Information
Click to Begin Your Free Insurance Quote
or Call us at 713-227-7283
The American Trucking Associations estimates that there are over 3.5 million truck drivers in the country today. The interstate transportation economy is a booming business, and the industry is expected to continue growing.
Truckers take value with them whenever they climb into their cabs. Their actions could cost a lot of people a lot of money if something goes wrong. That’s why all operators need trucking insurance. It will help minimize the cost risks of accidents. Reliable Insurance Managers, Inc. offers diverse policies that will direct tailored coverage to every operator’s specific liabilities.
What is trucking insurance?
A commercial truck is a motor vehicle, and any vehicle is dangerous, regardless of how safely you drive. That’s why every driver, truckers included, need auto insurance.
Trucking insurance, more specifically, comes on a much bigger scale than coverage for the average private or commercial vehicle. Its goal is to alleviate the financial strain that troublesome accidents might put on the business.
How does trucking insurance work?
Trucking insurance helps operators and others afford the damage costs and settlements arising from wrecks and other losses. Rather than paying out-of-pocket, truckers can rely on their policy to help them pick up the pieces. That could equal money saved, and the business could remain solvent as a result.
What does trucking insurance cover?
Most truckers have to carry certain insurance in accordance with both state and federal law. Still, all trucking insurance policies can offer numerous benefits, including:
- Commercial Auto Liability Insurance: If a trucker runs a red light and hits another vehicle, then the trucker might be at-fault for the accident. Liability insurance will help pay for the property damage or bodily injuries caused to the other driver. Policies also can offer non-trucking liability insurance and unladen liability coverage.
- Collision Insurance: After a collision with another vehicle or object, this coverage can pay for the repairs to the truck and trailer.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Insurance: Should a truck get damaged by mishaps that are not related to wrecks, this coverage might pay for the truck’s repairs. Fire, storm, weather, theft or other damage might qualify under this coverage.
- Motor-Truck Cargo Insurance: Cargo might belong to a variety of clients. This coverage can pay them for lost or damaged items.
- Environmental Liability Insurance: Truckers might haul hazardous materials, and a wreck or other accident might contaminate the local environment. This coverage will help pay for the costs of cleanup related to the accident.
Keep in mind, you also need other types of commercial insurance for your business operations, such as:
- Commercial property insurance
- General liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation
- Business interruption coverage
- Cyber liability insurance
- Directors & officers coverage
Reliable Insurance Managers, Inc. is more than happy to help you address both your trucking and general commercial insurance needs. Our dedicated agents can tailor your policies in ways that will make them fully-effective at all times.
What is non-trucking insurance?
Truckers won’t always operate their trucks on official dispatch. Some might use it for personal business, also. During this time, non-trucking liability insurance is the liability coverage that applies to the vehicle.
What is unladen liability insurance?
Unladen liability insurance is a bit broader than non-trucking liability insurance. It will apply when a driver has an empty trailer, or no trailer attached at all. It will also cover the driver regardless of whether they are on dispatch. You might hear this coverage called bobtail (no trailer) coverage or deadheading (empty attached trailer) coverage.
How much is trucking insurance?
Trucking insurance costs vary considerably, based on factors like the value of the trucks and the types of cargo drivers carry. Our agents can help you determine the perfect balance of coverage and price.
Call us right now at 713-227-7283 or request a policy quote online. It’s fast and entirely free.
Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.